The Dallas Morning News currently has a job opening for a Digital Media Planner on the Interactive Sales team. This position will be responsible for developing strategic frameworks that will guide client’s brands in their digital media planning. The Digital Media Planner will conduct research on various topics and industries to provide campaign recommendations that will meet the marketing goals and objectives of agencies and clients. Additionally, this position will collaborate with the Connect and Sales teams to craft research-backed plans for current and prospective clients.
- Responsible for the stewardship of a media plan from concept to execution.
- Utilize external and internal DMN proprietary tools to analyze and evaluate industry/market research in order to provide strategic digital media planning recommendations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive media plans through multiple platforms (Mobile, Video, Display, Social, Native, etc.) to meet the marketing objectives of agencies and clients.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and departments to monitor and evaluate ongoing campaign performances and ensure campaigns are executed properly and according to client goals and expectations.
- Create final media recommendations and provide Account Executives with detailed documentation that supports planning decisions.
- Lead kick-off calls to discuss RFP details, campaign objectives and establish timelines for delivery with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and issue RFPs to publisher partners; gather and analyze proposals to determine the best media selections, negotiate rates and positioning as required.
- Foster and maintain key relationships with internal agency clients and external vendors.