Since 1981, Hispanic Communicators DFW has been serving the Latinos in various fields. We welcome students, professionals or educators in the fields of journalism, media relations, mass communications, social media, marketing and public relations.
Hispanic Communicators DFW is also the North Texas Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) as of May 28, 2008.
The organization supports members with:
- Networking events with media leaders in DFW.
- Leadership development roles.
- Annual scholarship program engagement.
- A members-only HCDFW Community Slack channel for connecting with others, sharing community story ideas, and networking job opportunities.
- Shoutouts for member accomplishments.
- Opportunities to serve as speakers and panelists in journalism and communications conversations.
- Partnerships with DFW educators to engage rising student journalists and communicators.
- Nonprofit board training.
- Access to serve on committees.
- For journalism and communications professionals, membership to the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
NATIONAL AND LOCAL MEMBERSHIP
We offer membership to NAHJ. When you join the local organization, your active membership gives you access to membership with the national organization.
Your membership is valid for a full calendar year.
Your membership to the National Association of Hispanic Journalists is included with your completed membership to Hispanic Communicators DFW. Instructions to activate your NAHJ membership will be emailed with the welcome letter.
The following members were granted NAHJ Lifetime Membership for their commitment to their fields and to the organization.
WFAA Channel 8
Jose R. Flores
Neighborsgo of The Dallas Morning News
The Dallas Morning News
San Antonio Express News