Meeting Minutes August 28, 2016

Hispanic Communicators DFW  Meeting Agenda

August 28, 2016

10 a.m.

Type of Meeting: Board Meeting

Meeting Facilitator: HCDFW Board

Invitees: Lourdes Vazquez, Brenda, Karina, Olmar and Samuel

  • Call to order
  • Roll call
  • Approval of minutes from last meeting- approved
  • Committee Reports
  • Social Media-Gary Pina added to the website, will providing articles, we need more visibility
  • Membership-I want the caliber of our membership outstanding, smooth registering. Purchase tablecloth motion to purchase Karina, Olmar second. All in favor-vote was unanimous.
  • Simpler membership process detailed. Olmar reach out to Vicki about
  • Open issues
  • Social Media Workshop
  • Cost $20 for non-members and non-students member $10. Have $30 right now. Please bring iPads, Olmar and Karina to visit. At least three setups. Members will be verified. Close sign up on Wednesday, sept, 7 at 6 p.m. Limited space, and day before extension

Karina to draft an automated letter for nonmembers registered to attend members.

Olmar needs laptops

Brenda confirm moderators.

  • Golin (20 minutes)- Olmar

Membership-Jessica will be lead, need friendly people. Three max. Olmar will work with corporate panelist. Two people for check-ins. VIP area for panelists, breakfast. Directions

POC for parking Olmar. Directions emailed to registered members to attend. 469-213-0257 Google number- if you’re coming to the workshop need help finding way in please call.

Volunteers needed:

Reach out scholarship recipient (Lulu) -UNT president (Olmar). Proyecto U (Samuel). First come first serve max 10. Be on time at 9 a.m.

Golin listening centers social media. How we see influencers, brand. Promotion video and talk for 5 minutes. Tour during lunch. Talk at the beginning.

Olmar will create, we need one person POC. Olmar will reach out to Mary Kay. We need talking points. Provide questions.

Ideas: analytics, monetization, ground breaking efforts-listening centers/campaigning, team roles, what platform has driven engagement, how has social media changed, negative press, mission and donors. Olmar will provide talking points to Mirnerva.

Will have TV monitors for slide. Karina is making the slide.

$204.23 for the tablecloth to be delivered to Karina’s

Brochure content provided by Karina, Samuel will propose a design.  info will be put in dropbox.

Pollo Tropical

Not providing drinks, Olmar will ask Golin to provide drinks

Food to be picked up at 11 a.m.

Update on bylaw changes (Samuel)

Next board meeting (TBD currently set for October as this one took the place of September’s meeting)

  • Retreat

We should set a date, we should do as a group two retreats divide into topics. Fundraising, who is the contact person and discuss only that topic for that 4 hours. Have a facilitator. One day full day or split into two. The second part is leadership. Work on building relationship, do something else than that. We all have to have leadership. If we can get together, Team building.

October around the 29th full day.

  • Workshop breakdown

What will Sports workshop focus on and how can we support. Provide information to Saul.

  • Eden’s absence

Should someone work in his place during the interim? Think of someone to help. Karen and Carlos will be asked if they would be interested.

Samuel will reach out to Eden.

  • National Day of Giving

Karina created something for the web.

We signed up for this year. Sept. 22 from 6 a.m. to midnight. Reach out to scholarship recipients. How we help you. Talk about it at the workshop.

  • Karina is putting together newsletter with info on NAHJ award, upcoming workshops, etc.

Adjournment at 12:21 p.m.

Translate »
Scroll to Top