Thank you to everyone who came out to our 6th annual Hispanic Communicators Media Mixer at a the House of Blues. The food, the raffle prizes, the entertainment, the announcements; everything just worked. Your support makes this organization one of the strongest chapters of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
It was great to see familiar faces and new ones too. Even though WFAA’s anchor, Gloria Campos had a show to anchor at 10pm; she made a point of stopping by to show her support, as she always has in the past.
Abe Ruiz drove all the way from Odessa, Texas where he’s a freelance news photographer at a TV station. This was his first time at one of our mixers. Abe says he enjoyed networking and meeting new people. Andres Gutierrez, one of the new one-man-band reporters at KXAS-TV, Channel 5 was pleasantly surprised with all the new friends he made that night.
The House of Blues was a beautiful place to once again have our event. A big thank you to G’Nai Blakemore and Time Warner Cable. TWC sponsored our event.
We also want to welcome our new members to Hispanic Communicators. They joined the night of our media mixer:
- Joe Arenas, Editor, Texas Low Rider Magazine
- Olmar Vanegas, Corporate Communications Intern, Mary Kay Inc.
- Carmen Castro, Public Information Officer, Dallas Sheriff’s Department
- Pio del Castillo, Manager of Corporate Communications, Mary Kay Inc,
- Eddye Gallagher, Director Student Publications, Tarrant County College,
- Daniel Gomez, Chief Detective for show “Cheaters”, Detective Gomez Agency